PALMERTON ROD & GUN CLUB
P.O. Box 11, PALMERTON, PA 18071
EFFECTIVE JANUARY 2019
While using the range, all member must wear their RFID membership card and button and be prepared to show their RFID card and a picture ID whenever they are asked to do so. The range will be patrolled. No card, No excuses: You must leave the Range.
Due to insurance regulations guests are no longer allowed to use the range.
THERE WILL BE NO SHOTGUNS ALLOWED
ON THE SMALL ARMS SECTION OF THE FIRING RANGE.
ANY SHOTGUN SHOOTING WILL BE DONE TO THE RIGHT OF THE DOOR ENTRANCE TO THE RANGE,
WITH YOUR OWN TARGETS AND FRAMES.
ANYONE CAUGHT SHOOTING SHOTGUNS ON THE SMALL ARMS SECTION
OF THE RANGE WILL BE ASKED TO LEAVE THE RANGE.
Steve Zukosky, President
Range Safety Rules
- Upon entering the firing line – any firearms out of a case must have the action open and locked.
- Treat every firearm as if it is loaded!
- Keep your firearm pointed down range and remain behind the firing line when the range is active.
- Before going down range or when anyone is down range – all firearms must have actions open and be placed in the rifle rack.
- No patterning shotguns on targets.
- Range hours: One hour after sunrise to one-half hour before sunset.
- No rapid fire of any firearm allowed at any time – No full automatic fire of any firearm allowed at any time.
- Black mounds for rimfire .22 short and long only.
- Only paper targets fastened to club approved backstops may be used. No throwing of clay targets – absolutely no trap shooting!
- All firearms brought into the clubhouse, out of the case, must be empty with the action left open.
- For your protection: both shooters and spectators should wear eye and ear protection.
- Non-shooters must remain behind the firing line at all times.
- While on the rifle range, wear your RFID membership card and button and be prepared to show your RFID card and a picture ID whenever you are asked to do so. The range will be patrolled. No card, No excuses: You must leave the Range.
- When you are through shooting: Clean up your firing point and remove all Targets.
- Place all garbage in the club dumpster; and remember: You are responsible for cleaning up your own mess and keeping Your club grounds clean and in order.
- Absolutely NO Alcohol, at any time, on any club range or near any firing line.
- The range will be closed for scheduled shooting events and possible unscheduled closings when deemed necessary, for range maintenance and/or repair. Check the club website home page and calendar page before heading to the range. A 5 day notice will be posted on the website prior to any work being done on the range.
Today is :